1) Mix it up. Try new routes, new challenges, and a new start. Get inspired for pioneering new adventures.
2) Dress correctly. You can beat the weather with the right clothing. The old adage of “no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing”, even when the wind is howling and rain is pouring, if you are comfortable, then it’s all good.
3) Zwift. Love or hate it, it’s not going anywhere. Zwift adds a social element to riding. Friendly (or not so friendly) competition and a place to meet up on a cold, dark night. It will keep them legs turning even in the worst of weather.
4) Man or Woman up. Sounds harsh but often it looks worse than it is and once you are out, you remember how awesome it is to ride your bike. Sometimes you just need that little self push.
5) Have a goal with a racing or a summer sportive to aim for. The incentive of crossing that line can help you get over the worse hump day. Winter miles = summer smiles.